Highway Truck Driving School sydney

Posted on March 9, 2022
Highway Truck Driving School sydney

For some, driving on highways is a hobby, while some are looking to enter the transport industry.

If you want to enter the transport industry? Does one like a truck licence however you are not certain that one suits the kinds of jobs you wish to do? don’t be concerned, we have got a fast guide to deciding that category of licence is best for you!

The ability to drive on roads allows you to go wherever you want, but you cannot receive your licence to drive until you have a valid driving licence. In Australia,  obtaining a driving licence is required for everyone who wants to drive or ride on public highways. It is an offence to drive a motor vehicle on a road without a valid licence, see Driving without a licence. The law governing driving licences is contained in the Motor Vehicles Act 1959 (SA). We here at Highway Truck Driving school help you get your various licences with our truck licence course. 

Light and medium rigid licence

The light rigid licence is a fairly simple licence to obtain. It allows you to drive small trucks (up to 8 tonnes GVM) and minibuses like Toyota Commuters, Coasters, Mitsubishi Rosas, and most small RVs.The first step to getting your LR licence is to pass the LR knowledge test and the eyesight test at the RMS.

Medium Rigid – licence allows you to drive

Any vehicle covered by a class LR licence that has two axles and a GVM of more than eight tonnes (any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes). An MR licence allows you to drive slightly heavier trucks than you would on an LR licence.

Heavy rigid licence A HR licence, permits you to drive HR vehicles as well as any vehicle class below it, such as C, LR, and MR. An HR licence is also the highest type of licence you may obtain if you already have a driver’s licence. Here we offer an upgrade course from C to HR licence course. 

Heavy combination licence 

A HC licence course helps you to drive HC trucks as well as all vehicle classes below it, including C, LR, MR, and HR. However, you can only drive a road ranger HR if you have an unrestricted HR or HC licence. To upgrade your MR/ HR licence to an HC licence join our heavy combination licence course that will upgrade your driving skills. 

Multi-combination licence

An MC licence permits you to drive MC trucks as well as all vehicle classes below it, including C, LR, MR, HR, and HC. If you have an unrestricted HC or HR licence, your MC licence will be unlimited as well, allowing you to operate a standard 18-speed road ranger. You may only drive automatic or synchromesh HR, HC, and MC trucks if you have a condition B on your licence. 

To apply for an upgrade to MC, you must have held an HR Licence or an HC Licence for at least one year. Any time spent on a P2 (Green P’s) HR licence counts, but you can’t drive an MC vehicle or upgrade to an MC licence until you have a full class HR or HC licence.

Please contact us if you do not presently hold an HR or HC licence so that we may discuss which path is appropriate for you and our truck licence courses. i.e. multi-combination licence course will help you get confidence in your driving. We ensure that you will be successful on your first attempt. 

    Write a Review

    Click to rate

    Claim This Listing

    Claim your listing in order to manage the listing page. You will get access to the listing dashboard, where you can upload photos, change the listing content and much more.